SIP Server overview
eurovoice SIP Server and Load Balancer is a high-performance, highly configurable application for the advanced routing and processing of SIP sessions.
Built-in failover, monitoring and alerting provide network managers with the tools required to deliver high-availability SIP based solutions. Typical uses include the distribution, control and management of calls to Interactive Voice Response servers, PBX’s and call-centre systems.
The eurovoice SIP Server is simple to deploy, configure and manage. It runs on 64-bit Windows operating systems in either a physical or virtualised environment and integrates directly with SQL Server or SQL Server Express.
The SIP Server Manager Graphical User Interface enables configurations to be rapidly created, deployed and updated live.
The eurovoice SIP Server implements the following functionality:-
· Implementation of sophisticated custom routing rules based on incoming SIP header contents, date, time or source IP address.
· Manipulation of SIP header contents and target destinations.
· Load balancing of calls across multiple destinations using distribution patterns of:-
Circular / round robin.
Top down (i.e. for main / secondary / tertiary).
Destination with greatest number of free channels.
· Provision of a failover function to redirect calls to alternative destinations. Failover is triggered if a destination rejects the call
or fails to respond within a configurable time. An alert (email / database entry) may be triggered should a failover condition occur.
· Option to terminate calls that exceed a configurable maximum duration.
· Definition of SIP Server Users and acceptance of incoming SIP Registrations from such.
· Outgoing SIP registrations. Raising of an alert if registrations fail or fail to renew.
· Periodic monitoring of predefined SIP endpoints (such as an IVR Server or IP-PBX) and raise an alert if the endpoint does not respond.
· Real-time updating of routing rules, destinations, load balance groups, users and monitors.
The SIP Server Manager provides the network manager with an easy-to-use GUI to configure, control and monitor operation of the eurovoice SIP Server. It may be run on the same server as the SIP Server is running or on a networked Windows PC or Server.
The SIP Server Manager provides:-
· Real-time view of the SIP Server status, the current active calls and a graphical ‘calls-per-hour’ view for the current day.
· History view of routed or rejected calls.
· Ability to define routing rules, SIP header manipulation, destinations, load balance groups, users, monitors, alerts.
· A ‘live-update’ feature so that routing rules, destinations, load balance groups, users and monitors may be changed whilst the SIP Server
is running and handling calls.
· View of alert events.
Supported operating environments
eurovoice SIP Server 1.1 is designed and optimised for 64-bit Microsoft Windows operating systems. Supported operating systems are:-
Windows Server 2008R2, 2012, 2012R2 and 2016
Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
eurovoice SIP Server requires an installation of either Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft SQL Server Express (free of charge at time of publication), versions 2008R2 or greater.
SIP Server features
eurovoice SIP Server may be used as a SIP Registrar or a Redirect Server. It also supports Load Balancing, Advance Call Routing, Monitoring of SIP endpoints and Alerting.
Incoming calls arriving at the SIP Server may be rejected, redirected, forwarded to a custom location or passed to a load balance group. An unlimited number of routing rules are considered for each incoming call. The action taken will follow the first rule that matches the necessary criteria.
Calls may be routed depending on different criteria such as; the content of specified SIP Headers, whether the ‘To’ or ‘From’ user is registered, the IP address or port of the incoming message or the time of day or day of week. Complex rules may be created using any combination of such. The SIP Server Manager provides a simple-to-use GUI for the creation of rules and the order in which they are processed. Criteria may be matched using simple ‘Windows’ pattern matching – i.e. using familiar ‘*’ and ‘?’ characters. Regular Expressions may also be used for more complex matching requirements.
The eurovoice SIP Server provides an easy-to-use Load Balancing capability which allows for distribution of calls in the following patterns:-
Circular / round robin
The SIP Server Manager provides a GUI to configure ‘Destinations’ and then to assign Destinations to Load Balance Groups. An unlimited number of Destinations and Load Balance Groups may be defined, modified and deployed whilst the SIP Server is running and processing live calls.
Hence for example, with a few mouse clicks, it is straightforward to temporarily remove a destination server from a load balance group in order to perform maintenance on that server. A routing rule could then be added to allow only calls from a test phone to the updated server. Once the update has been verified, the server can be added back into the load balance group. This flexibility, whilst live calls are being processed, allows network managers or system administrators to keep their systems running 24/7.
FAIL OVER AND ALERTING
Each SIP Server ‘Destination’ may include a backup ‘Fail Over’ destination and an optional alert notification. Should the original Destination either reject the call or fail to respond within a predefined timeout, the SIP Server will terminate that call attempt and try the Fail Over destination instead. An Alert – an email, database entry or both – can be raised to notify the network manager that a Fail Over has occurred. The Fail Over destinations may also be configured to forward failed calls to a further Fail Over destination, thus ensuring continuity of service in the situation of multiple system failures. Fail Over may be applied to both regular routed calls or to load balance groups.
In addition to the raising of an Alert should a destination fail to accept a call, the SIP Server will actively monitor an unlimited number of SIP endpoints.
The SIP Server will send periodic SIP OPTIONS requests to defined SIP endpoints at a configurable interval. Should an endpoint fail to respond, an Alert – either an email, database entry or both – will be raised. The integrity of the systems and network connections are actively monitored so remedial action may be taken promptly.
SIP SERVER MANAGER
The SIP Server Manager provides:-
· A real-time view of the SIP Server status, the current active calls and a graphical ‘calls-per-hour’ view for the current day.
· A history view of routed or rejected calls.
· An ability to define routing rules, SIP header manipulation, destinations, load balance groups, users, monitors, alerts.
· A ‘live-update’ feature so that routing rules, destinations, load balance groups, users and monitors may be changed whilst the SIP Server is running and handling calls.
· A view of alert events.
SIP Server prices
The eurovoice SIP Server and Load Balancer is licenced per Server.
Two editions are available; Standard and Enterprise.
The Standard edition supports all of the functionality of the Enterprise edition for up to 100 concurrent SIP sessions.
The Enterprise edition supports an unlimited number of SIP sessions.
Price (pounds sterling)
Standard (up to 100 concurrent sessions)
Enterprise (unlimited sessions)
An upgrade from a Standard to an Enterprise licence is available for £1200 GBP.
eurovoice provide Remote Consultancy services for the installation and custom configuration of the SIP Server. Contact us, detailing your requirements, for a quotation.
· For UK purchases, the above prices are exclusive of VAT.
· For other EC countries we require your company VAT number.
· We accept payment by VISA, MasterCard, Switch or Delta, or contact us for bank transfer details.
· Prices correct as at February 2017 (E&OE).
All sales are subject to our standard terms and conditions of sale.
SIP Server request eval
Please contact us by e-mail for an evaluation copy of eurovoice SIP Server:-